Murdoch IT Society
- MITS Mini-Meeting - 2015-09-03 13:13:06
Just to let you know the committee is planing on having a mini meeting today at 4pm. We have decided to try out a little experiment and see how things go by holding it over Teamspeak of which you are all invited to (although due to our license, we have a limit of 32).
Of note the few things we will be covering are:
- General finances
- Future events (Maybe trying to see if we can get LANs back)
- Anything else that we or you feel is important
Hope to see you guys there! TheNewit
- [JOBS] Dilate - Digital Designer and Developer - 2015-07-21 15:26:33
Dilate are looking for an exclusive Murdoch student to be a Digital Designer & Developer! As an awesome new digital designer and front end developer, your role will entail assisting with creation of fully responsive web designs and development for our vast array of clients.
The ideal candidate for the role must have:
- GREAT SKILLS WITH ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE
- STRONG ENGLISH AND WRITTEN SKILLS
- UNDERSTANDING OF WORDPRESS & SHOPIFY (CMS)
- Graphic Design
- Responsive Design
- A aptitude to learn and grow in the role and up-skill oneself.
- Landing page design (squeeze page design).
- Digital Marketing experience or designing for conversion optimization and lead generation
- Team player
- Be passionate about the internet, web and our clients goals!
About us... we're Dilate and we are:
- In the business of building businesses.
- We are the leaders in lead generation.
- The champions of conversion!
Salary flexible based on candidate's suitability and past experience!
Apply here: TheNewit
- Job Oppotunites for Members - 2015-06-05 10:10:18
Hi once again everyone.
Our kind first year advisor sent this through to me and I think some of the opportunities will definitely suit some of you!
Aust Govt. nationwide ICT Cadetship (applications for 2016 open July 2015 for those who have completed first year)
Student competition: held Sept 30, 2015.
Cyber Security Challenge Australia 2015.
First year Industry Engagement Opportunities with the Big 4 consulting firms:
1) EY Career Compass Program (2 day professional development program) open those due to graduate in mid or late 2017.
Applications open July 2015
http://www.ey.com/AU/en/Careers/Student ... gment-5-na
2) KPMG Foundations program (2 day professional development program) open to all first years
http://www.kpmg.com/AU/en/careers/Gradu ... fault.aspx
Applications open Aug 2015
3) Deloitte Development program (2 day professional development program) for those who are:
Completing your first year of a three year degree; or Completing your second year of a four year degree; or Completing your third year of a five year degree.
Applications open July 27
http://www2.deloitte.com/au/en/pages/ca ... reers.html
4) PwC Preview Program (2 day professional development program) open to ALL undergrad students (including 1st year)
http://www.pwc.com.au/careers/student/p ... /index.htm
(Application dates not specified on website)
Thanks everyone. TheNewit
- 2015 Murdoch IT Society AGM - 2015-05-04 16:34:26
Its my great pleasure to announce the new executive for 2015. They are:
President: Michael New
Vice President: Sebastian Southen
Secretary: Nick Borowitzka
Treasurer: Matt Johnson
For sub-committee we have:
Events Organiser: Michael New
System Administrator: Sebastian Southen
Snackqusitions Officer: Nick Borowitzka
We also now have positions open for:
First Year Representative
Second Year Representative
Third Year Representative
Are you in any of these years? Interested in representing MITS and being a person your year group can go to for comments and opinions? Get in contact with us!
The minutes to this years AGM are now available and can be accessed using the following links:
MITS President TheNewit
|President||Vice President||Secretary||Treasurer||Event Manager||Sys Admin||Snackquisitions|
|2015||Michael New||Sebastian Southen||Nick Borowitzka||Matt Johnson||Michael New||Sebastian Southen||Nick Borowitzka|
|2014||Grace Beven||Dan Bruce||Michael New||Matt Johnson||Matt Johnson||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard|
|2013||Grace Beven||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard||Kamaleah Lazit||-||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard|
|2012||Grace Beven||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard||Kamaleah Lazit||-||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard|
|2011||Reece Sheppard||Sebastian Southen||Grace Beven||?||-||Sebastian Southen||-|
|2010||Sean Gilbert||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard||Reece Eagle||Lachlan Harris||Sebastian Southen||Joshua Wilding|
|2009||Reece Sheppard||Sean Gilbert||Richa Malaviya||Brock Woolf||Lachlan Harris||Sebastian Southen||-|
|2008||Caleb Duggan||Alyshia Ford||?||Jaron Power||Sean Gilbert||Sebastian Southen||-|
|2007||Alyshia Ford||Lloyd Johnson||Bryan Kirk||Owen Lutz||-||-||-|
|Team Fortress 2||-||-|
|Svn/Git/Trac Hosting||Online||23%||116 projects|
|Sound Effect Library||Online||66GiB||25354 files|
Voulinteer Planning Session: Sunday 16th August
Registrations are CLOSED
Semester 2 Schedule:
Please note GCL will be uavalible during these times.
- All times are from 12:30pm till 2:30pm
- Sunday 23 August 2015 - Session 1 of 8 for children
- Sunday 30 August 2015 - Session 2 of 8 for children
- Sunday 6 September 2015 - Session 3 of 8 for children
- Sunday 13 September 2015 - Session 4 of 8 for children
- Sunday, 20 September 2015 - Session 5 of 8 for children
- Sunday, 27 September 2015 - NO DOJO - PUBLIC HOLIDAY WEEKEND
- Sunday, 4 October 2015 - Session 6 of 8 for children
- Sunday, 11 October 2015 - Session 7 of 8 for children
- Sunday, 18 October 2015 - Session 8 of 8 for children
Free parking on weekends. Use of Carpack 3 (Entrance via South St) is recommended.
The Dojo is located at the GCL1 Computing Labs. Here is rough location:
View Larger Map