Murdoch IT Society
- Server Outage: Wednesday 16th till Thursday 17th SEP - 2015-09-10 17:10:14
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On Thursday 17th September there will be a power shut-down effecting our server from 6:00am till 8:00am.
We will be shutting down on Wednesday to prepare and wont be back up until I get to uni later tomorrow afternoon (about 1pm).
This is a planned maintenance by the university and we have no control over it. The shut-down will effect everything including any svn/git repos you may have with our server. My recommendation is that you checkout/export any work you may have on the Tuesday (15th of September).
Again, I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but it should be resolved in 24 hours max.
Thanks everyone. TheNewit
- MITS Mini-Meeting - 2015-09-03 13:13:06
Just to let you know the committee is planing on having a mini meeting today at 4pm. We have decided to try out a little experiment and see how things go by holding it over Teamspeak of which you are all invited to (although due to our license, we have a limit of 32).
Of note the few things we will be covering are:
- General finances
- Future events (Maybe trying to see if we can get LANs back)
- Anything else that we or you feel is important
Hope to see you guys there! TheNewit
- [JOBS] Dilate - Digital Designer and Developer - 2015-07-21 15:26:33
Dilate are looking for an exclusive Murdoch student to be a Digital Designer & Developer! As an awesome new digital designer and front end developer, your role will entail assisting with creation of fully responsive web designs and development for our vast array of clients.
The ideal candidate for the role must have:
- GREAT SKILLS WITH ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE
- STRONG ENGLISH AND WRITTEN SKILLS
- UNDERSTANDING OF WORDPRESS & SHOPIFY (CMS)
- Graphic Design
- Responsive Design
- A aptitude to learn and grow in the role and up-skill oneself.
- Landing page design (squeeze page design).
- Digital Marketing experience or designing for conversion optimization and lead generation
- Team player
- Be passionate about the internet, web and our clients goals!
About us... we're Dilate and we are:
- In the business of building businesses.
- We are the leaders in lead generation.
- The champions of conversion!
Salary flexible based on candidate's suitability and past experience!
Apply here: TheNewit
- Job Oppotunites for Members - 2015-06-05 10:10:18
Hi once again everyone.
Our kind first year advisor sent this through to me and I think some of the opportunities will definitely suit some of you!
Aust Govt. nationwide ICT Cadetship (applications for 2016 open July 2015 for those who have completed first year)
Student competition: held Sept 30, 2015.
Cyber Security Challenge Australia 2015.
First year Industry Engagement Opportunities with the Big 4 consulting firms:
1) EY Career Compass Program (2 day professional development program) open those due to graduate in mid or late 2017.
Applications open July 2015
http://www.ey.com/AU/en/Careers/Student ... gment-5-na
2) KPMG Foundations program (2 day professional development program) open to all first years
http://www.kpmg.com/AU/en/careers/Gradu ... fault.aspx
Applications open Aug 2015
3) Deloitte Development program (2 day professional development program) for those who are:
Completing your first year of a three year degree; or Completing your second year of a four year degree; or Completing your third year of a five year degree.
Applications open July 27
http://www2.deloitte.com/au/en/pages/ca ... reers.html
4) PwC Preview Program (2 day professional development program) open to ALL undergrad students (including 1st year)
http://www.pwc.com.au/careers/student/p ... /index.htm
(Application dates not specified on website)
Thanks everyone. TheNewit
|President||Vice President||Secretary||Treasurer||Event Manager||Sys Admin||Snackquisitions|
|2015||Michael New||Franz Knoop||Nick Borowitzka||Matt Johnson||Michael New||Sebastian Southen||Nick Borowitzka|
|2014||Grace Beven||Dan Bruce||Michael New||Matt Johnson||Matt Johnson||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard|
|2013||Grace Beven||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard||Kamaleah Lazit||-||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard|
|2012||Grace Beven||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard||Kamaleah Lazit||-||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard|
|2011||Reece Sheppard||Sebastian Southen||Grace Beven||?||-||Sebastian Southen||-|
|2010||Sean Gilbert||Sebastian Southen||Reece Sheppard||Reece Eagle||Lachlan Harris||Sebastian Southen||Joshua Wilding|
|2009||Reece Sheppard||Sean Gilbert||Richa Malaviya||Brock Woolf||Lachlan Harris||Sebastian Southen||-|
|2008||Caleb Duggan||Alyshia Ford||?||Jaron Power||Sean Gilbert||Sebastian Southen||-|
|2007||Alyshia Ford||Lloyd Johnson||Bryan Kirk||Owen Lutz||-||-||-|
|Team Fortress 2||-||-|
|Svn/Git/Trac Hosting||Online||23%||120 projects|
|Sound Effect Library||Online||66GiB||25354 files|
Dojomester 2 - 2016
We are yet to confirm room and IT bookings for Dojomester 2
Please remain patient and follow us on Facebook Page for updates! If you have registerd last semester, please note you will also be contacted via email as well.
Free parking on weekends. Use of Carpark 3 (Entrance via South St) is recommended.
The Dojo is located at the GCL1 Computing Labs. Here is rough location:
View Larger Map
|Bankwest Graduate Program 2016||N/A||Visit this Website||16th September 2016 5pm WST|
|Pawsey Summer Internships 2016||Unknown||Visit this Website||16 September 2016|
|WA Health Graduate Program - ICT Stream||Rosellini Alivio||Email.txt||9:00pm on Sunday the 28th August 2016|
|CompCon 2016 - National conference||Andrew Donnellan||Email.txt||1-3 October 2016|
|Web Developer||Eeshwar Rajagopalan||Email.txt||N/A - Please ask via Email|
|Java Developer||Graham Foster||DOCX||N/A - Please ask via Email|
|Murdoch Dean Scholarship||Scholarships Mailbox||N/A|
|Website Development||Amanda on 0404 193 224||N/A - Please call to find out|
|June Career Connect Newsletter||Careers Mailbox||N/A|
|ACS Foundation Website||Leila Enojas||Visit this Website||N/A|
If you have an Internship, Scholarship or other job opportunity for IT Students within Western Australia, please contact us via our contact page.