Subversion and Git (with Trac optional) project spaces are once again available for IT unit student projects at svn.murdoch.edu.au.
To request a project space:
- Each student must create an account here - nicknames/handles are preferred over full names.
- Currently we have no e-mail address (ITS haven't gotten back to me) to send mail from, so you get no notification when I confirm/activate your new account.
- We gave up waiting for ITS, the Guild helped us out, and e-mail confirmation is required when you register (you don't have to wait for admin approval).
- Send an e-mail to me (my nickname, gmail address) with those usernames and a project name.
- Use the fancy new AJAXish form available at http://mits.asn.au/login/#projects.
- Games Tech students tend to re-use the same "team name" and work with the same people, but Subversion/Git/Trac is less confusing without dozens of tickets from different projects and previous semesters, so it is recommended to request a separate project space per unit.
- Wait for a confirmation e-mail from me (average turn around time is 0-2 days).
- Log in using the same username and passwords as the forums to http://svn.murdoch.edu.au/trac/<project>/ and checkout from http://svn.murdoch.edu.au/svn/<project>/ or clone from http://svn.murdoch.edu.au/git/<project/.
A simple web form is being made (along with our website) to make has been made to make requesting projects simple and semi-automated.
Project space access is restricted to only those users you request - anonymous access is completely denied - unlike most free version control hosting providers found on the internet. If your project supervisor wants access to follow your progress, etc. they will need an account as above (I can manually make their access read-only if desired).
If you had a project hosted on svn.murdoch.edu.au in a previous semester (on the old system) and want restored access to that project's source code repository (via the new system), e-mail me your old project name and old username(s) which were generally in the form firstname_lastname (you will need to create account(s) using the new system as above).